In a community of 850 students, it is probable that an emergency or crisis situation may arise over the span of our 8 month academic year. Student Housing Services has several systems in place to ensure we are providing highly developed support to our students during these times. This includes:
· Emergency SHS manager on call 24 hours/day, 7 days a week
· Close connections to campus partners including: The Centre for Student Development and Counselling, Security Services, Health Centre, Campus Planning (?) etc etc.
· Extensive training for full time and part time student staff in relevant student issues including mental health, sexual assault, discrimination and harassment etc.
· A connection to larger campus emergency protocol and response initiatives
· Connections to professional housing networks to establish and enact best industry practices